Seriously y'all, one of the most common questions I've been getting is: who are you traveling with?! Well friends, meet my fellow adventurers: Allie, Alyssa, and Kelly-Anne. (Shoutout to these girls who are about to put up with me 24/7 for the next 7 weeks. Bless.)
Fun fact: I met Allie on the first day of freshman year. I didn't know where my first class was and posted on our class Facebook about it (desperate times, friends). She responded and we agreed to meet up and walk there together. The rest is history! Now I can't imagine being at Carolina without her and she's definitely one of my best friends. <3
- Where are you from? Gastonia, NC
- Majors/minors: Majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in English
- What languages do you speak? English and very basic Spanish
- Have you been outside the US before? (If so, where?) Yes! To Managua, Nicaragua and Ontario, Canada
- What place are you most excited to go to? Greece and Italy
- What do you think will be your most essential travel item? (I'm actually curious to see how accurate this one is.) Hmmm this is a hard one! Probably my rain jacket and Kindle! (Got to have something to entertain me during the plane and train rides haha).
Follow along on Allie's blog: allieminnich.wordpress.com
I've known Alyssa since freshman year. We went to a hoedown together early sophomore year and then ended up having a class together the next semester. She's always smiling and is always so put together--I'm determined to learn how she does it.
- Where are you from? Belmont, NC
- Majors/minors: History and anthropology double major and soon to add a geography minor
- What languages do you speak? English, pig Latin (I'm a pro), and a bare basic amount of Spanish
- Have you been outside the US before? (If so, where?) Yes, I have been to Peru and Costa Rica
- What place are you most excited to go to? Either Scotland or Greece
- What do you think will be your most essential travel item? (I'm actually curious to see how accurate this one is.) Oh gosh this one is hard. Ummm maybe my packing cubes? Sounds lame but I feel like they're the only thing that's gonna keep me organized hahaha.
Follow along on Alyssa's blog: mytravelingtwenties.wordpress.com
Important thing to realize--KA and I are pretty much the same person. We share an equally passionate love for tea, One Direction, football (British football, not the American kind), and working out. There are friends that you can just sit and be yourself with and KA is definitely one of those people for me. I'm not sure Europe is ready for us.
- Where are you from? I was born in Northampton, England, but I moved over to the United States when I was about 4. No, I don’t have an accent, but my friends like to tell me that they would love me more if I did. I think I would love me more too.
- Majors/minors: Biology and Spanish double major with a minor in Chemistry (aka, I have a death wish).
- What languages do you speak? English and Spanish…I’m also pretty fluent in sarcasm but some people don’t count that as a language.
- Have you been outside the US before? (If so, where?) I’ve traveled out of the US quite a bit since we moved here from England. I’ve been to Ireland, where most of my family currently lives, but I’ve also been to Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. I’m actually traveling back to Ireland 5 days after getting back from this trip, so you can say I’m pretty well travelled.
- What place are you most excited to go to? Probably England, because I was born there and haven’t been back since we moved to the United States when I was about 4. Then again, One Direction will be in Belgium the same time we are there..sooo..its definitely a close second.
- What do you think will be your most essential travel item? (I'm actually curious to see how accurate this one is.) Do my compression bags count? With such a small backpack, I’m gonna need all the help I can get to fit what I need for 7 weeks in it.
Get used to seeing their names, because I'm sure we're going to have lots of stories that will be shared here in the next few weeks (and many, many more that won't be :D).